Quick news update; those lovely lovely people at Positive Vibration have been putting together a seriously mouth watering line up including – The Selecter, Jah Shaka, Scientist, Channel One past Funkdub guests – Pama International, Don Letts and the New Town Kings and long standing favourites of ours DJ Andy Smith, Prince Fatty & Horseman, Dubmatix & The Vibronics, (frankly we could simply re-print the whole bill, it’s wonderful), anyway alongside all of those incredible artists and DJs we’re honoured and excited to be asked back to play some records. Get your tickets here before they fly out the door and check out the magnificent new poster as well, be seeing you there!
Liverpool’s award-winning celebration of reggae music and Jamaican heritage returns in June for a jam-packed weekend of cultural appreciation and positivity. Winner of ‘Best New Festival’ at the UK Festival Awards 2016, Positive Vibration will play host to a plethora of internationally renowned bands, legendary sound systems & selectors, a Reggae Q&A, creative workshops, a record fair & market, and plenty of tasty Caribbean food & drink. Headlining this year’s festival are 2 Tone legends, The Selecter.
DATE, TIME & LOCATION
– Friday 9th June – 5pm until 4am.
– Saturday 10th June – 12pm until 4am. – Constellations, Hangar34 and District (Baltic Triangle).
– Friday, Saturday & Weekend tickets: http://skiddle.com/e/12867984
– Children under 12 go FREE (Applies to Saturday only. Max of 2 x child tickets per parent/guardian ticket).
– Friday: Jah Shaka (full sound system – 5 hr session), Aba Shanti-I, Reggae Roast, Earl Gateshead, MC Brother Culture, Saxon Sound System, Vibronics, I-mitri CounterAction, Sir Coxsone Outernational Sound System, DJ Andy Smith. More acts tbc.
– Saturday: The Selecter, Scientist, Channel One, Don Letts, Prince Fatty, Horseman, Soul Jazz Records Sound System, Dubmatix, Charlie P, Trojan Records Official Club Night w/ Pama International, New Town Kings, The Hempolics. More acts tbc.
THE ART OF REGGAE EXHIBITION
This year sees the return of The Art of Reggae Exhibition – a successful collaboration between Positive Vibration and the International Reggae Poster Contest (IRPC). The exhibition, which supports the Alpha Boys School in Jamaica, will showcase 100 reggae-inspired posters, designed by illustrators & artists from all over the world. You’ll also be able to bid on the posters. The exhibition will take place from 7th June 2017.
THE REGGAE Q&A
There will be a panel discussion taking place on the Saturday of the festival, at which, we explore the impact of reggae on British music, culture & society. The Panel includes: Pauline Black, Dennis Bovell, Mykaell Riley and John Robb.
On the Saturday of the festival, we will be hosting a number of creative, educational and dance workshops for the children, including:
– Dub Poetry with Levi Tafari.
– Arts & Crafts with Square Pegs.
– The Rastaquarium.
– Capoeira with Capoeira for all CIC.
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
– Trojan Records
– Africa Oyé
– International Reggae Poster Contest
– Alpha Boys School
– Liverpool City of Music